Recht – Emotion – Schreiben (Law ‒ Emotion ‒ Writing, R-E-S) is a domicile for projects that are oriented towards media culture studies. Media issues are examined in the context of practices and cultural techniques.
R-E-S addresses the following:
- observing the interactions between media and cultural phenomena and practices;
- visualising relevant relations within R-E-S and the observation of associated, innovative fields of research: e.g. writing and emotion, writing and law, emotion and law;
- working out new object areas and an innovative combination of theoretical and method models;
- discussing meta-theoretical perspectives and interdisciplinary associations;
- formulating specific interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary questions, also with the aim of uncovering open points in the individual disciplines.
R-E-S thus enables the theories and object areas to be brought together in the context of cultural studies.
Examples of concepts and terms that are processed in the context of R-E-S:
- complex, constellation, assemblage, arrangement
- materiality, mediality
- liminality, space-in-between, threshold
- law, case
- action, movement, gesture