The Centre for Cultural Studies aims to support interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research in the humanities and cultural studies at the University of Graz. Research is guided by an interest in interdisciplinary forming of cultural theory and methodology.
The main goals of the Centre for Cultural Studies are:
- conceiving and implementing interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research projects;
- formulating scientific and theoretical questions on interdisciplinarity;
- developing new forms of interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary foundational and cultural research with the aim of bringing together different scientific disciplines;
- providing a space for interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary projects with cooperation partners as well as national and international researchers;
- developing projects that can be subsumed under EMOTION CULTURES, MEDIA CULTURES and SCIENTIFIC CULTURES and that deal with the core topics of law, emotion and writing (germ. Recht ‒ Emotion ‒ Schreiben, abbrev. R-E-S);
- promoting young scientists;
- organising international conferences and workshops.